Oncor provides incentives to Service Providers who implement qualifying energy-saving projects for Oncor metered commercial customers.
The incentives are to help offset the cost of the qualifying energy efficiency measures installed in the business that would have not otherwise been installed or would have been installed at a later date without the added incentive from Oncor.
Commercial projects are defined as the installation of qualifying energy efficiency measures with a minimum incentive of $500. The business facility must also be located in Oncor's service area and be provided with electricity from an Oncor meter. Typical examples of eligible facilities might include restaurants, retail stores, health care facilities, warehouses, and office buildings.
Oncor provides the incentive directly to the Service Provider, who then determines what to do with the incentive payment. Charges for the work performed vary by Service Provider. Oncor does not make incentive payments directly to the business customer unless they are also serving as a Self Sponsor.
- Incentive amounts vary based on the type of qualifying energy efficiency measure installed. Incentives for qualifying air conditioning equipment vary based on the unit size, efficiency, and amount of time the equipment is operating.
- Energy efficiency measures installed under any other Oncor Energy Efficiency Program that received or will potentially receive an incentive are not qualified measures for this program.
- Installed energy-efficient measures that do not qualify after receiving an on-site Oncor inspection will not receive an Oncor incentive payment.
- Incentives are available for both new construction and retrofit projects.
- Window Film
- ENERGY STAR® Roofs
- Food Service Measures
Service Providers undergo an application process and enter into a standard contract with Oncor. These Service Providers can be:
- Energy Efficiency Service Providers
- Retail Electric Providers (REPs)
- Energy Service Companies (ESCOs)
- Self Sponsors
Any listing of Energy Efficiency Service Providers available from this website is not associated with or endorsed by the Public Utility Commission of Texas or Oncor. Oncor is not a party to the agreement between the consumer and the Service Provider. The Service Provider is solely responsible for the performance of the work and contract fulfillment.
We encourage you to use our How to Select a Service Provider guide to help you compare providers.
Contact Information for Participation